Our mission is simple... to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job - and it's our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We are recruiting for a Deputy Finance Business Partner to provide financial advice and integrity to support the delivery of projects to the largest police force in the UK policing team.Rate:
£550 - £650 per day Umbrella (Inside IR35)Length:
must hold active CTC security vetting clearance.Location:
The role is based in Kilburn, with hybrid working arrangements.Job Purpose:
The project accountant position will work with the Transformation directorate reporting into the Strategic Finance business partner. The Project accountant will be accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances and supporting the business. The main areas of delegated responsibility will fall across the following strategic and functional areas:
- Providing Financial advice to support to complex Transformation projects
- Monthly financial reporting to Project Boards
- Quarterly forecasting with accompanying commentaries, for project Capital and Revenue expenditure
- Engagement with a range of senior stakeholders across the organisation
- Advising projects on sources of funding, monitoring of expenditure, classification of expenditure and relevant period end activities.
The Deputy Finance Business Partner is tasked with supporting the Strategic Finance Business Partner in ensuring that the policing teams achieves value for money and maximises value from the services it delivers while meeting the needs of the Business. By providing insight, challenge and support at both strategic and operational levels, highlighting potential risks/opportunities and identifying options to drive continuous cost reductions and performance improvement within the tight budget envelope.Experience
- Experience of advising and guiding business decisions and frameworks in order to ensure compliance, manage risk and support governance arrangements.
- Extensive experience in:
- Financial Management & Planning in complex organisation
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Management Reporting
- Providing Financial Management Advice and developing Mitigating Strategies
- Supporting the production of business cases including carrying out investment appraisals.
- Essential: CCAB or equivalent membership
Please apply now if you have the necessary skills and experience and join us in loving MondaysAll roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it's the driving force behind all of REED's philanthropic activities.
The Foundation provides funding for a number of charities, channelled via the Big Give, the online donation platform that allows donors to discover and donate to projects of interest.