Accounts & Purchase Ledger Assistant
Excellent location, free parking, flexible working, excellent benefits
Are you an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk or Accounts Assistant looking for a busy, fast paced fun environment to work in?
If so, this could be the perfect role for you. We are currently recruiting an Accounts & Purchase Ledger Assistant for this reputable business based in Harrogate. You will receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits, training and development and chance to work with a highly experienced team of people.
As Accounts & Purchase Ledger Assistant you will report directly to the Purchase Ledger Supervisor, working closely with both the Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger teams. You will work alongside a professional and experienced team who between them can offer excellent support and training and know the business inside out. The main purpose of this role is to manage the purchase ledger inbox, process invoices, building lasting relationships with your clients and dealing with queries.
This Accounts & Purchase Ledger Assistant position would suit someone whjo has worked as an Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Accounts Administrator or Finance Administrator.Responsibilities:
- Matching invoices to purchase orders
- Accurately processing a high volume of purchase invoices on a daily basis
- Building and maintaining relationships with both colleagues and suppliers
- Daily allocations
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Dealing with supplier queries and resolving issues promptly
- Assisting with and managing company cashflow
- Preparing payment runs
- Assisting with contra payments, working closely with the Sales Ledger team
- Previous Purchase Ledger experience
- A good understanding of the full Purchase Ledger process
- Able to process a high volume of invoices per day
- You must be highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work in a high volume, fast paced, reactive role
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have a good sense of humour
- Strong computer skills
- AAT qualified or equivalent would be preferred
- Basic salary up to £25,000
- Free on site parking
- 37.5 hours per week
- Modern offices
- Life & critical illness insurance
- healthcare -medical and dental
- 30 days holiday increasing with service
- plus lots more excellent benefits and social events
Due to the volume of applicants for this Accounts & Purchase Ledger Assistant if we have not contacted you within 14 days you may not have been successful for this position but please feel free to give us a call to discuss similar roles.
Travail has been established since 1977 and has branches nationwide. Our Harrogate branch was opened in 1995 and has five specialist consultants who each deal with different market sectors.
Working closely with candidates from all market sectors we are confident in matching the right people for the right jobs.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.