We're thrilled to be offering the opportunity for 3 new colleagues to join the Risk & Compliance Team at StepChange Debt Charity, as Compliance Monitoring Associates. Within this cohort, we welcome applications from more experienced compliance specialists, as well as less experienced compliance team members, seeking a development opportunity and the next step up.Salary offered will be in line with experience, from £30,000 to £44,100 + benefits package.These roles will play a key part in monitoring our performance against key regulatory, legal and mandatory expectations. Ensuring compliance and adherence with internal policies and procedures and the delivery of good client outcomes, you will work closely with stakeholders to provide feedback and agree actions that support a culture of continuous improvement.With this role you will enjoy a hybrid working model, combining working from home with some days in Stepchange offices. Occasional travel around the UK with the occasional overnight stay will be required for this role.What you will be doing
What we want from you
- Scope, plan and effectively lead, or assist with, review activity across the charity including its subsidiaries in line with the agreed methodology and plan, ensuring review schedules are met.
- Responsible for testing that the Charity is compliant where Charity processes and policies have been updated, identifying gaps and making recommendations for rectification.
- Identify areas of non-compliance with relevant regulation / legislation / internal policy and ensure appropriate visibility to key stakeholders, SLT and the Exec.
- Ensure the consistent high quality of all monitoring outputs to specified standards of format, style and timeliness with the need for only minimal change.
- Lead or assist with presenting key overall findings via objective, accurate and well-presented written monitoring reports.
- Lead or assist with engaging key stakeholders proactively and pragmatically to share insight at all stages of the review lifecycle, winning engagement to the necessary actions.
- Provide in role coaching to less experienced colleagues to support their development.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a conduct focused FCA environment
- Previous monitoring / oversight experience or experience of working with monitoring teams in a previous role.
- Familiarity with the regulatory and legal frameworks relevant to the charity.
- A general awareness of the current Financial Services regulatory landscape
It would also be an advantageous, but not essential, to have a relevant compliance qualifications and experience of:
What we offer you
- Financial Crime and AML
Who we are
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Hybrid working- with IT equipment provided when you're working from home
- A personal career plan and ongoing training and development and support with role-related professional subscriptions and qualifications
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group Company Life Assurance
- Westfield Health cash plan with employee discounts in high street shops
- Vitality at Work health and wellbeing
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to financial planning and advice
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Family friendly pay: pre-adoption/fertility/surrogacy and post-adoption pay
- Long service awards
- Free hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) in the office
StepChange are the UK's leading debt charity, contacted by hundreds of thousands of people a year online and by phone, across all nations and regions. We help people in debt to sleep at night knowing that they have a realistic plan to address their financial problems. We support people to take back control of their situation and we never judge. Does this sound like you? If so, why not apply today.