Bank Dietician (Outpatients)Location:
The London Bridge Hospital, LondonContract Type:
Bank Shifts (Shifts dependent on your availability)Reporting to:
Lead DietitianStart Date:
We are ideally looking for candidates who can commit to on average 3 days per week for 8 hour days between the hours of 7.30am/8am. Hours can be flexible from: 7.30-3.30, 8-4, 8.30-4.30, 9-5 etc.; latest shift would be 12-8pm.Job Description
The London Bridge Hospital is looking for Bank staff to be available on average for x3 days week to cover the outpatients dietetics service.Duties:
- To provide an efficient and effective clinical nutrition and dietetic service for outpatients referred for dietetic therapies, including but not limited to, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), the low FODMAP diet, coeliac disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), nutritional support, weight management, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), diabetes, and healthy heart advice.
- Plan, prioritise and manage own caseloads as an independent practitioner.
- Obtain relevant clinical information concerning patient's medical and social history from a range of sources including medical and nursing notes, other health professionals, the patient and their carer.
- Effectively review and monitor nutritional therapies and amend treatment plans based on the outcome of patient assessments and individual nutritional needs.
- Have the ability to work within patient groups who may be terminally, critically or chronically ill or undergoing prolonged periods of rehabilitation. To support patients during the course of their disease or acute illness considering their emotional and nutritional needs.
- BSc Degree in Dietetics or equivalent
- Current BDA (desirable) and HCPC member (State Registration)
- Minimum of 12 months clinical practice with involvement in general outpatients and within the field of gastroenterology.
- To be proficient in teaching the low FODMAP diet in the management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Formal training desirable.
- Able to work as an effective team member of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams.