Being a Dietitian is so much more than just knowing what foods to eat, it's creating a nutritional bespoke plan that gives some of the most vulnerable people the energy and determination to build a brighter future.
Feel valued and supported when you join the team as a Dietitian, working 37.5 hours at The Avalon Centre, a purpose-built neurological centre for men and women over the age of 18 years, who have an acquired brain injury.
With experience from the NHS and/or private sector, you will manage a complex caseload, which will see you create individual rapports with service users as you learn about their health concerns, goals and dietary restrictions and preferences to create a healthy nutrition plan.
As a Dietitian, you will deliver and offer contributions to the development of the specialist treatment plans and pathways as you maintain close contact with local community teams.
Working alongside a multidisciplinary team, you will contribute to the delivery of the service, offering assessment, formulation and treatment to people and their families/carers.
A range of training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and you achieve your career aspirations.
Applicants will be assessed during the interview as to which ward is best suited to their experience and skillset. Other Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- To assess service users' weight and advise regarding, weight, calories, and special meal plans
- Working as an autonomous dietetic practitioner to carry a complex inpatient and outpatient caseload, using evidence-based and people-focused principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions in service users.
- To conduct pre-admission screenings for new referrals while laying out the plan for future interventions
- Liaise with the hospital's catering department and ensure that the menu is reviewed regularly, the allergen list, portioning sizes and special menus are up to date
- Support in the development and co-facilitation of any group or activity and staff training
What you will get:
- Qualification in Dietetics and registration with HCPC and BDA
- Evidence of previous and ongoing commitment to continuous professional development
- Ability to work both assertively and with awareness of one's limitations; excellent telephone, face to face and written communication skills with children and young people, carers and referrers
- Experience in risk assessment and management
- Annual Salary of £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more. About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Menta