Our client one of the leading universities in Birmingham are seeking an exams and assessment coordinator to join their growing team through one of their busiest periods. This position is a temporary role expected to last until the 31st of July 2022.As the exams and assessment coordinator you will be working within the College's busy Examinations and Assessment Team supporting the coordination and day to day running, organisation and delivery of the College's examinations and assessment processes. This includes working with academic staff and other administrative staff to provide a range of administrative guidance and support for assessment processes and activities and the preparation and operation of examination boards.Responsibilities of the exams and assessment coordinator include:
- Be a key point of contact for assessment administration issues working closely with other members of the College Office Team. This includes providing information, support and guidance in relation to university, College and programme assessment processes procedures and regulations.
- Supporting the organisation, management and operation of summative and formative assessment activities delivered by the College such as OSCEs, specialist examinations and class tests.
- Work closely with other members of the College team to organise, service and support examination boards, representation boards and other meetings including assessment and examination approval boards. Produce minutes and ensure the accurate recording and processing of decisions and assisting with any follow up action.
- Working closely with other members of the College Team to collate, manage, check, enter and generate assessment records and data using the in-house system.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving any assessment data management or process issues.
- Coordinate, manage and provide relevant assessment reports and data.
- Coordinate the College assessment calendar collating and communicating key assessment information, dates and deadlines to students and staff.
- Assist with day-to-day running of the College's Exceptional Circumstances processes and procedures including the operation of the Exceptional Circumstances and Absences Panel (ECAP).
- Collate, prepare and format examination papers and assessment material including e-assessment.
- Administer the processing of student results within set deadlines and guide students on results including options available to them.
- Process transcript requests for students and alumni.
- Be a key contact for external examiners, organising arrangements for external examiner visits and attendance at boards; providing information, support, and assessment material for moderation; ensuring examiners have access to on-line material and maintaining examiner records.
- Support the administration of the College's Academic Offences processes
- Maintain and archive hard copy and electronic assessment material, documentation, coursework or exam scripts in accordance with archiving policies and practices.
- Lead or support key College Office projects, responsibilities and activities working closely with other members of the College Office team and representing the College at relevant meetings and events.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be delegated consistent with the nature and grade of the post.
In order to be considered for this position you will require the following skills:
- Work experience in an administrative role in a large professional organization dealing with a wide range of staff and customers.
- Student or course administration work experience.
- Extensive experience of using corporate database systems including managing accessing and monitoring data.
- Experience of contributing to the development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages
- Competent in the use of SITS or student records systems and virtual learning environments (VLEs) or a demonstrable ability to master these and other relevant core University systems quickly.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working within a highly reputable business with full time working hours of 9am-5pm Monday - Friday and an excellent hourly rate of between £12.37 and £13.47 dependent upon experience.If you feel you have the necessary skills and are immediately available, please click "apply now" and send across a copy of your up-to-date CV.