We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions. Job Description
THE TEAM We are currently looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to join our Global trading team within Finance.
Our finance function operates at the heart of ASOS. Say goodbye to preconceptions of bean-counters and hello to a multi-functional, business facing department. Our finance team controls the cash within the business and also provides support to the business to help it make decisions to lead us to being a global online fashion destination. THE ROLE This role primarily focuses on business partnering with the global trading team to roll up the sales forecast, challenge the output and analyse variances to last year and last forecast. You will also be responsible for supporting the UK Regional Trade Manager on any ad hoc analysis needed. Furthermore, the role is critical leading up to our reporting periods as you will provide the estimate of our externally reported segmental sales based on the latest forecast information. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly reactive trade environment, is able to effectively manage a group of senior stakeholders and has a strong attention to detail.
What you'll be doing:
- Acting as key business partner to the global trading team, producing tools to enable forecasting of sales by territory and consolidating the quarterly forecast and yearly sales budget
- Producing presentations to clearly explain sales variances to last year and last forecast
- Work with key finance stakeholders to provide views of our externally reported segmental sales
- Business partnering the UK Regional Trade Manager (RTM) and become an expert on UK sales performance
- Provide ad hoc support to the UK RTM to assist with new business cases, post event analysis etc
- Weekly reporting of sales performance and trading calendar views
- Providing monthly insight of market forecasts using the GlobalData platform
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure all new initiatives are built into the sales forecast correctly
- Assessing the profitability of a change to the sales forecast
We'd love to meet someone with
- An accounting qualification (preferably CIMA, ACCA or ACA).
- Business partnering experience.
- Enjoys working in a fast pace, reactive environment
- A proven ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- A strong financial modelling and analytical skills.
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- A high standard of accuracy with financial and statistical data.
- An ability to organise own work and to take initiative.
- An ability to determine insightful observations from detail for management attention.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good communication/ interpersonal and influencing skills.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, 'Give A Week Away' opportunities to visit our charity partners in India & company-wide celebrations to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That's why we're committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how're we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work. We're proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We've also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.