Mechanical FitterSolihull2-Weeks Shutdown Cover - Start Date; 25th July £21.00 per hour Monday-Thursday£25.00 per hour Friday-Sunday
Mechanical Fitter required to join a leading Manufacturing Engineering department in Solihull.
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join their team based in Solihull. This role is offered on a contract basis, paying a rate of £21.00 per hour for Monday-Thursday and £25.00 per hour for Friday to Sunday. This is a 2-week contract to assist with shutdown maintenance work.
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical / Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the Mechanical installation, modifications and improvement including product maturation exercises, all upper body inner zones. The required Mechanical fitter be skilled in MIG & Arc welding techniques as well as the ability to interpret mechanical and pneumatic technical drawings for installations. The Mechanical Fitter will have the ability to problem solve for both machine and product quality as well as maintain reports and make suggestions for improvements.Duties and Responsibilities of the Mechanical Fitter
Required Skills of the Mechanical Fitter
- Assembly of Jigs, fixtures and BIW machine tools
- Competent in mechanical assembly to drawing whilst having sound knowledge of fits and tolerance in accordance with GD&T principles
- Working closely with Inspector to set and commission tooling
- Liaising with DMBI reading and understanding product measurement reports, assisting in product quality issue resolution and trend setting tooling as required including formally recording changes
- Assisting in solutions to overcome assembly of tooling issues
- All work carried out is required to comply with Assembly standard practice procedures and adhere to Health & Safety Guidelines
- Ability to problem solve for both machine and product quality
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings (Mechanical & Pneumatic) with experience of following through to installation
- Competent in MIG & Arc welding techniques
- Banksman and Slinging experience with necessary training & Certifications
- Forklift truck licence up to 5T preferred
- Equipped with own comprehensive tool kit with suitable tools for the role
- Maintain assembly / commissioning issue reports and make suggestions for future improvements (Lessons Learned)