An experienced Sample Machinist
is needed to join a successful supplier of ladieswear to the high street retailers. You will work from sketches and patterns and be a key part of the team.The Role:
- Working as a key part of the team to achieve the desired end product.
- Making samples.
- Create the first sample of a new design and ensuring seal samples are ready on time.
- Press the finished garment.
- Make quality control checks during production and help the other Machinists during busy periods.
- Alter machinery to different fabrics.
- Producing high quality samples.
- Advising team with regards to the best way to construct garments.
- Discussing any alterations to design instructions before items go into production.
- Reading drawings and specs and communicating feedback.
- Returning samples for final approval before manufacturing begins.
- Ladieswear background is needed with experience of working for a busy Ladieswear supplier/manufacturer.
- MUST be able to work from sketches and patterns.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Competent following instructions according to the brief.
- Proven ability to work accurately under pressure within a fast paced high pressured environment.
- Excellent quality of work along with speed and efficiency.
- Strong sewing skills (hand and machine).
- Knowledge of production methods.