Ref: 38124Title: Component Engineer (Coil or Air Springs)Division: Chassis EngineeringContract Position based at: GaydonRate: - up to £25.14/hr Ltd umbrellaPosition Description:
Component Engineer for Coil or Air Springs, on a JLR vehicle platform.Key Responsibilities:
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive liaison between suppliers, programme teams, other related engineering teams, Purchase, Finance, Supplier Quality.
- Getting your component onto the vehicle(s), on-time, on-cost, on-quality.
- Creation (with support) and execution of the Design Validation Plan (with supplier and JLR team support).
- Implementing design changes into the business (costs, drawings, logistics, Bill of Material).
- PC (MS Office) literacy - essential.
- Working knowledge of Failure Mode Avoidance Quality Tools
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self driven
- Strong communication / teamworking / project management skills - essential
- Robust practical knowledge of engineering principles
- Self-motivated and able to deliver components / tasks with minimum supervision.
- Suspension Engineering / Design experience.
- CAD CATIA V6
** THIS POSITION IS DEEMED TO BE INSIDE IR35 **
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.