Happy Days Nurseries and Pre-schools offer the best quality childcare across the South West including Bristol, Bath, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, and Wiltshire, and are seeking an Operational lead to manage the set-up and opening of new nurseries in accordance with the company expansion programme across the greater South West region, covering Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and beyond.
Reporting to our Head of Development this role will suit an experienced nursery manager or regional/operations manager who has experience in new site delivery of our ambitious organic development programme, the role will be remote based with significant travel across the South West Region.Responsibilities -
Your Experience and Skillset
- Work with the Head of Development to ensure new nurseries open on schedule and within budget.
- Work with all departments to ensure the successful set up and delivery of the nursery in accordance with opening programme.
- To effectively streamline the project management and collaboration processes between departments.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate other departments to support the induction, training and ongoing assistance to aid the Nursery Manager and his/her team up to and including the full hand over to the assigned Operations Manager.
- Plan and organise the procurement of all direct resources in accordance with budget, working closely with suppliers.
- Regularly review resource requirements with Head of Quality and Early Years Operations Managers.
- Work with the Recruitment Department to recruit staff team in accordance with the set up model /reacting to business demand.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the implementation of the induction and training programme for the new management team.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the induction and training programme for all new colleagues.
- Identification, budgeting and implementation of the marketing programme in conjunction with the marketing department.
- Work with the marketing department to deliver open events.
- Co-ordinate the set up and delivery of IT and finance requirements of the nursery.
- Introduce Happy Days to other site users/local schools/businesses.
- Identify any risks to programme and report to Senior Management team.
- Monitor progress of project pre-handover and liaise with contractors/delivery team.
- Manage multiple projects at various stages of delivery programme.
- Establish agreed enquiry process with Head of Sales and Marketing taking into consideration various stages of project programme.
- Support nursery management team in meeting opening budget occupancy levels, as a minimum.
- Ensure Nursery Managers implement Health and Safety policies and procedures within their nursery.
- To establish and develop highly professional relationships with other agencies such as local authorities.
- Report project progress and provide regular updates to Senior Management Team.
- To support the Development Department in regular development meetings.
- To support colleagues with the integration of newly acquired nurseries.
- Any other duties that are deemed appropriate to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- A proven track record in nursery management and/or regional or operations management with experience in new site delivery
- A dynamic leadership style that inspires, challenges and motivates your direct reports and other colleagues.
- The ability to recruit, induct, train, motivate and manage nursery managers who themselves will be strong leaders.
- A strong analytical skillset with the ability to prepare, write and report on KPI management information at board level.
What you can expect from us
- A full and relevant (as defined by the DfE) childcare qualification at level 3 or above.
- A minimum of 3 years in a nursery management or multi-site management role.
- A full and clean driving licence.
- A clear DBS history.
Safer Recruitment - "Happy Days Nurseries are committed to the safety and wellbeing of the children in our care, as such the successful post holder will be required to undergo a robust vetting process, including an enhanced DBS Check and Reference History Checks"
- We are "People People" - and offer an inclusive, collaborative and supportive working environment for all colleagues where ideas are celebrated, thought leadership is welcomed and success is rewarded.
- An industry benchmarked competitive salary.
- Generous annual leave entitlement - including a paid Christmas closure period.
- A Company Vehicle or car allowance.
- Expensed travel and accommodation costs
- A full communications package including mobile phone and laptop/PC
- Discounted Childcare
- Employee Assistance Programme