Our local authority client based in Tower Hamlets, London are urgently seeking an experienced ASB Officer.Job Role
Provide exemplary standards of customer service, working with local communities and partner agencies to deliver a responsive and proactive ASB service.
To investigate and address cases and causes of anti-social behaviour (ASB) to improve the lives of residents. Providing a swift and effective response in line with THH ASB policies and procedures.
Post-holders will be allocated to the "Estates" Team or "Tenancy" Team. If allocated to the Estates Team they will report to the ASB Estates Team Leader. If allocated to the Tenancy team they will report to the ASB manager.Key Accountabilities:
- To conduct a thorough investigation of all referred cases of ASB, to establish credible evidence regarding the facts in any particular case and make decisions, in each case, as to the appropriate and proportionate intervention.
- Utilise the full range of prevention, diversionary and enforcement mechanisms to quickly stop the ASB, keep witnesses safe and prevent its repetition.
- To keep accurate, up to date records of all actions taken and the outcome to assist in case management, statistical analysis, official returns and reports to the management team.
- Undertake environmental visual audits in ASB hotspots and work with the Neighbourhood and Caretaking teams to improve local neighbourhoods and prevent and deter ASB and drug related activity.
- To draft Investigating Officer statements, witness statements and Affidavits to a high quality that can be used at trial. To prepare court bundles, draft the court orders and confidently instruct and liaise with legal advisors, Counsel and clerks of the Court.
- Experience of working within social housing.
- Experience of managing serious and complex ASB cases and preparing own case management strategy.
- Experience of drafting high quality statements/affidavits for use at trials.
- Experience of preparing court bundles and drafting court orders.
- Experience of working in a partnership context.
- Experience of conducting witness and perpetrator interviews.
- Understanding of witness and victim management and ability to deal with vulnerable people with tact and sensitivity.
- Safeguarding Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- Proven ability to secure Injunctions/possessions in the Courts.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse needs of residents and staff.
- Knowledge of anti-social behaviour legislation and its practical application as well as powers available to social landlords to tackle ASB.
- Working knowledge of ASB Crime and Policing Act 2014, Care Act 2015.
- Working knowledge of prevention and intervention techniques.
Please apply with your updated CV ensuring that any gaps in employment are explained.
At this point, may we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in this role. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 7 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful