Job Title: Tax Specialist (Permanent, Full-time)
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (remote working available 2 days per week)
Salary: Circa £50k - £60k (+ benefits)Robert Walters are hiring for Tax Specialist for a industry specialist in the resale and remarketing of used, wholesale and salvage vehicles.
This is a full-time permanent role. The role is based in their office in Bedford, Bedfordshire, with remote working available for 2 days per week.
The role comes with a salary of circa £50,000 - £60,000 (+ benefits).
Reporting to the head of financial control this role will take ownership of calculating and filing all UK taxes that Copart is subjected to. This will primarily include Corporation Tax but also VAT, Digital Services Tax and any other taxes subjected to UK corporations.
You will also play a key role in the continued review of tax controls and processes ensuring standardisation, compliance, and consistency across the U.K to be the subject matter expert and first point of call for any tax related questions or queries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparation and completion of all UK taxes including VAT returns, Corporation Tax returns, Digital Services Tax and any other taxes that Copart may be subjected too
- Provide cash forecasts for future payments of these taxes
- Ensure compliance with filing Office of National Statistic Returns
- Manage the calculation and completion of tax computation within the companies Statutory Accounts
- Liaising with internal and external auditors to resolve any queries
- Adherence to controls and collation of evidence
- Provision of data and analytics to the US Group finance team
- Completion of tax related balance sheet reconciliations
- Act as a trusted advisor for any tax related questions or queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Look for opportunities for Business Process Re-engineering
- Suggest new policies and procedures designed to improve the efficiency of collecting and reporting tax planning information from relevant department heads
- Maintaining professional knowledge and keeping up to date with changes in tax legislation and be able to succulently present any financial impact of changes to senior stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to work for a global leader in online remarketing and recycling.
This position offers the chance to work in a fast-paced environment for a rapidly expanding and growing company with guanine opportunities to succeed. They are an inclusive company able to provide a supportive 'family' culture.
The role also offers remote working opportunity and benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with primarily corporate tax experience who wants to broaden out.
The company are looking for a candidate with UK corporate tax experience and any other tax experience is a bonus but not mandatory. It would also be advantageous to have experience in audit.
Candidates will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA) and have the ability to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of tax legislation and developments.Apply now to see the full job description and to find out more.