Your opportunityOur team combine the latest audit tools, technologies and agile processes and procedures to deliver high quality audits.
We are proud of our role performing work in the public interest and our audit team are dedicated to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity, and technical excellence.
We audit a broad range of listed organisations and their subsidiaries in the UK and internationally, as well as other public interest entities such as banks and insurers. We also have vast audit experience in the private sector, including entrepreneurial and high growth businesses. We have strong industry credentials across the financial services and corporate landscape and can draw on a wide range of specialists and experts across our extensive global network.Large & Complex
Large & Complex Audit includes listed companies (corporate and financial services) their subsidiaries in the UK and internationally, as well as other public interest entities such as banks, insurers, large private companies, public sector organisations and charities.
You can expect senior level exposure and variety. You will work with some of the most influential companies in the UK and internationally, offering expert insights across the whole business.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.Your role
Working with the Investment Management and Private Equity Team you will have the opportunity to grow your industry focus in this area. We audit some of the largest and most complex private equity houses and asset managers globally, who are at the forefront of their field. You can expect to recognise some big names among their portfolio companies, giving you an opportunity to deep dive valuations across a variety of industries and asset classes. With private capital expected to grow to record levels, there are significant opportunities for you to advance your career in our team.
We are looking to expand our team of focused, aspirational, and collaborative practitioners, and as such we are offering the opportunity to join as a Manager to support this exciting, challenging and rapidly expanding business. Deloitte offers a unique career opportunity in a supportive, challenging, and fast-growing environment.
As a member of our team, reporting to a Senior Manager or Director/ Partner, you will:
Your work, your choice
- Manage audit engagements, including management of client relationships and coaching audit teams;
- Plan and deliver a range of audit and audit related assurance services;
- Supervise teams to successfully execute engagements in accordance with Deloitte methodology and quality standards, and work to deadlines;
- Drive our continuous improvement in audit methodology;
- Participate in business development and marketing campaigns and responses to tenders from new and existing clients;
- Participate in practice management activities, including facilitation of internal training courses, staff development and practice reviews;
- Engaging with and supporting wellbeing activities within engagement teams and the wider Investment Management and Private Equity; and
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.Location:
London with occasional domestic and international travel.Work pattern:
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.Your professional experience
To view the full job description please visit Deloitte online career portal.
- Hold a relevant accounting qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA or overseas equivalent);
- Experience performing external audits and assurance engagements within the financial services sector;
- Knowledge of auditing techniques and standards, including risk assessment, scoping, devising an audit approach using controls testing and substantive testing, and concluding;
- Experience managing audit engagements and audit teams;
- Commercial awareness of current economic and market trends;
- Knowledge of developments in Financial Services Regulation;
- A collaborative approach and be a good team player;
- Report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, including ability to engage at all levels; and
- An enquiring and analytical mind and ability to use initiative, be adaptable and solve problems.