FLEXIBLE HOURS25 HOLIDAYSFREE PARKING
You will be solely responsible for the maintenance of the customer ledger that is assigned to you primarily through the collection of the debt but with a view to identifying any issues that prevent timely payment collection.
The role demands a dedicated and motivated individual who is focused on ensuring that all transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner to ensure full recovery of debts are achieved within agreed terms. Awareness of the implication of overdue debt on the business is paramount in this role and the ability to be aware of the effects of sales ledger activity that can be taken to be able to apply corrective measures in the shortest possible time. In addition it requires a confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximise cash collection by managing all assigned customer accounts to the agreed payment terms. Ensure that prompt and appropriate contact is made at the earliest opportunity to minimise overdue debt. Act accordingly to resolve any issues that may delay payment and provide regular updates to the customer at all times regarding the status of outstanding queries. By your own due diligence, ensure that the Credit Control Supervisor is made aware of any risks to the business as soon as they become apparent.
In order to maximise collections, your prerequisite actions from a sales ledger point of view are essential. Ensuring that all payments are allocated in full together with the maintenance of correct master data and up to date listings of all queries will assist with cash collection in the shortest possible time.
- Initiate the Direct Debit collection transactions on a weekly rota basis. Address any Direct Debit failures and take swift and appropriate action to arrange an alternative payment method directly with the customer or via the relevant account manager.
- Assist with the weekly aged debt summary to the Group Finance Manager to include overdue debts movements and provide commentaries for any accounts within your ledger that may have impacted on this.
- Working as part of a team, ensure that the weekly invoice run is actioned together with ad hoc monthly / weekly statements sent to customers as required and where preferable in electronic form rather than printed versions. Look to change any customer currently receiving paper statements to electronic type where possible.
- Investigate all queries relating to short delivery, returned goods and pricing errors and raise credit notes in the shortest possible time to avoid invoices being held for payment.
- Assist with the weekly accounts receivable checklist to include frequent credit insurance portal logins, blocked credit memo reports, held order reports etc
- Assist the Credit Control Supervisor in assessing the credit worthiness of potential new customers or increases in credit limits for existing customers.
- Assist and take ownership during the period end reconciliations within the Finance Team ensuring unallocated cash is minimal, approved journals are posted, invoicing runs complete etc.
- Produce, review and analyse debts outside agreed tolerances and report to the company's credit insurer monthly in line with policy guidelines.
- Assist the Credit Control Supervisor in carrying out the annual review of insurance cover to ensure effectiveness and the renewal invitation from other insurers from which premium and cover can be compared.
- Assist the Credit Control Supervisor in developing and monitoring departmental KPI's and takes proactive and collaborative steps to achieve these targets.
- To engage in all ad-hoc activities which may include but not limited to:-
- 3rdparty trade reference requests
- Support with daily sales ledger functions to ensure reliable debt management
- Integrate with other departments to develop working processes in line with the changing needs of the business