J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as 'One Murphy' by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.There's more to Murphy.
Job description:Maintenance - London and Hemel Hempstead
Recently awarded the 3rd Best Big Company in the UK to work for by Best Companies this is a fantastic time to join J. Murphy & Sons! Take a look at the role outline and if you think you fit the bill, and want to work as a Maintenance and Facilities Manager within a team that rewards performance ,drives personal development and offers a great working envionment, we want to hear from you!
You will report directly to the Facilities Manager, the role of Maintenance Operative will be orientated around providing site support to the point of contacts over the Murphy Facilities team and across the Murphy estate.What you will be doing
Who we are looking for
- Ad hoc maintenance and repairs within the buildings
- Ensure incidents and requests are dealt with efficiently and professionally and that they are closed out and monitored effectively
- Work in a manner that promotes best practice in health, safety, quality, sustainability, and environmental matters in conjunction with the Health and Safety department.
- To comply with company standards, policies and procedures.
- Always act in a responsible manner with regard to conduct both while on site and while representing the company, including while driving a vehicle provided by the company
- Ability to manage and build relationship with diverse stakeholders.
- Regularly visits locations within the estate to gain knowledge of the locations and improve Facilities ability deliver best practice
- Client facing, representing the facility department
- Previous experience reacting to plant and equipment
- Ability to use excel and word or other office protocols.