HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded 'Private Hospital Group of the Year' 2020 at the Health Investor Awards. Job
- Superintendent MammographerLocation
- The Shard, London BridgeHospital Contract Type
- Permanent, full time at 37.5 hours per weekSalary -
Competitive (dependent on skills & experience)Other Info
- We will be able to sponsor VISA's for candidates within the Eu and outside the EU.Job Description
- To manage the day-to-day running of the Breast Imaging Unit in order to provide a professional, efficient and cost-effective Mammography service.
- To organise the training, supervision and professional development of the staff who will be working in the Breast Imaging Unit
- To deputise for and assist both the Deputy Imaging Manager and the Imaging Manager as required
- To work as a senior member of the radiology team responsible for maintaining and developing the radiology service.
- To support the Radiology Manager in the management of the department, ensuring a high-quality service for all users.
- To be an effective member of the Radiology Management Team
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- To manage the day-to-day running of the Breast Imaging Units across The Shard and 31 Old Broad in order to provide a professional, efficient and cost-effective unit providing a high standard of diagnostic imaging.
- Participate in the development of the Imaging department including the strategic and business planning of the mammography service.
- Provide professional leadership in the Breast Imaging Unit monitoring professional and patient care standards.
- This will include reviewing staffing levels, skill mixes and working arrangements including use of Workday and Facility Scheduler, reviewing staff training and professional development as well as assisting with annual appraisals.
- Act as mentor to staff who are undertaking the Post Graduate Mammography Certificate
- Ensure all staff performing mammography perform sufficient volumes to maintain their skills and competencies and have access to and support from the Superintendent Mammographer.
About the facility
- Experience - BSc (Hons) in Diagnostic Radiography or Equivalent
- Post Grad Certificate in Mammography or equivalent
- Extensive post qualification experience
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; a large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City and Canary WharfAbout the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
If you think you would be the right person for this challenge, please contact