Are you looking to join a company that treats its staff like individuals and not just a number? Are you keen to learn and progress? Great! Please read on.
We are working with an exciting and fast-paced company based in Nutfield, which is seeking an IT Support Technician to join their small and friendly team.
On-the-job coaching will be provided, this company is seriously interested in having individuals stay with them for years to come and to progress within their company.IT Support Technician - work environment:
The atmosphere within the complex is easy-going, yet busy. Within my client's office, staff are encouraged to dress casually and enjoy the relaxed surroundings. While there is a consistent buzz of focus, there is also plenty of time for a coffee!IT Support Technician - duties and key responsibilities:
IT Support Technician - skillset:
- Act as a point of contact for phone calls, emails and tickets from customers regarding IT issues, incidents and requests
- Log ticket updates and document fixes within Service Desk ticketing system
- Maintain a high degree of customer service and take responsibility/ownership for support queries from start to finish, escalating if necessary
- Produce and update support documentation/knowledge base articles to assist staff with requests for information and provide staff training if required
- Contribute to project work when required
- Cover the wide spectrum of 1st line support duties.
IT Support Technician - benefits:
- 1st line IT Support experience on Microsoft platforms for a minimum of 6 months
- Strong abilities in administering Microsoft Windows Server-based infrastructure (Microsoft Server 2012 R2 / 2016 / 2019)
- Supporting a Windows Desktop environment
- Experience of Active Directory knowledge, for example, creating/deleting user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups, Group Policy Objects etc.
- Basic to moderate understanding and experience of Exchange/Office 365.
- Microsoft Office.
- ActiveSync, iPhone, Android
- Experience with backup and recovery software
- An understanding of file and folder permissions (NTFS)
- Network administration and troubleshooting, including routers, switches, TCP/IP
- Ability to run updates on key systems (Microsoft patches and rebooting etc)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Basic understanding of virtualisation technologies
- £22k-£30k (dependant on experience)
- Personal performance-related bonus of 5%
- Company Laptop - (Top-spec Dell)
- 50% contribution to a local Gym membership
- 22 days holiday accruing 1 day a year up to 25 days (not including bank holidays)
- Government pension
- Team lunch on Friday
- Quarterly Team building fun days