Are you a School Business Manager looking for a fresh challenge? Do you have SIMS and FMS experience, with good financial or accountancy skills? Are you a self-starter, able to efficiently manage a busy school office? If you answered yes to these questions then please get in touch!
We are currently assisting a Liverpool Primary school to recruit for a permanent Level 4 school business manager. The position is Monday - Friday / 36 hours per week / 46 weeks per year
Salary will be dependent on experience and capability.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a committed school leadership team a building a great reputation. General Responsibilities will include:
- Sound financial management of school resources and budgets, including forecasting
- Invoices, purchase orders, reconciliations, and school fund management
- Management of school office and staff, including delegation of relevant activities
- Working closely with other senior members of staff on areas such as human resources and health & safety
- Reviewing and improving of school systems, policies and procedures, as well as negotiating school key contracts
- Reporting to the headteacher and governing board of the school you will need to multitask in meeting the diverse needs of their primary pupils.
We ask that you have:
- SIMS / FMS experience gained from working in a school
- A relevant qualification such as certificate in SBM or an accountancy-related qualification is an advantage
- The ability to work in close collaboration with other members of the school senior leadership team
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, administrative skills including attention to detail, and people management skills
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN. We now also have a dedicated section looking after school support roles such as technicians, administration and finance.
The school are looking for that special person who can work with the rest of the senior management team to make this all happen. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and UK eligibility checks, along with a full referencing process.
To discuss this role in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary at the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education, your 'School Support Services' specialist, via email on