Company Accountant - Finance Manager - FC - Superb opportunity! -
Build this department in your own image. High quality - Strategic, hands on, develop, build and become the company Financial Controller and then the FDYes we want all the day to day accountant duties fulfilling but we want you to be more than that!A wonderful opportunity to develop an Accounts and finance department and work with a down to earth energetic, ambitious MD! Hybrid / Hartlepool
Looking after a team of 2 and getting stuck in, improving processes and structure and managing the company accounts and working with the senior leadership team - Progression!
A brilliant role in a fast paced SME
with loads of potential for someone on the up or even a ready-made experienced proactive Accountant/FM/FC/FD.COMPETITIVE SALARY - NEGOTIABLE BASED ON EXPERIENCE!
The role was previously occupied by one of the founders and a good transition will apply to the role with an excellent handover! Excellent long term progressive opportunity!START July or August 2022
We are looking for a Financial Controller to prepare financial statements and oversee our clients finance function. You can be on the up and very transactional with potential and ambition or able to hit the ground running! You would be reporting directly to the board.You, the candidate:
You will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with significant post qualification experience with an SME business working with Directors.You will need to have the ambition and confidence.You will also need to be flexible enough to work within a small management team, learning new skills as required.A team player within an SME with a strong stable history and excellent reputation!Responsibilities within the role / position:
- Timely completion of all statutory returns including PAYE, VAT return and EC sales list and timely payment of all amounts due in respect of VAT, Payroll deductions and other Taxes including Corporation Tax.
- Responsible for company payroll, including RTI submissions and pension administration
- Maintain a good understanding of the business and awareness of key activities and issues
- Undertake any other reasonable management request, which may from time to time be reasonably required. · Undertake any prescribed training, either formal or on the job, as required by the company
- Manage the production of relevant and timely management reporting
- Manage the preparation of monthly management accounts, including variance analysis to provide financial and supporting information to the decision-making process
- Oversee treasury and banking functions
- Manager internal control processes including continuous improvement
- Oversee nominal ledger input, journals, accruals and prepayments
- Responsible for FX revaluation process
- Ensure up to date exchange rates on logged on Sage on a regular basis
- Manage Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations to validate balances
- Maintaining up to date monthly fixed assets/stock database and depreciation
- Oversee and check ledger balances and other accounts
- Oversee credit control function - set and authorise credit limits
- Manage and authorise company payments
- Supervise the Office Manager role
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation. (phone number removed)
- Keep Managing Director appraised of all issues and potential finance related problems as soon as they are identified.
A dynamic role and opportunity for the right Company Accountant / Financial Controller who must be commutable to Hartlepool - Competitive package!!Speak to Caroline or Jess @ Duval for more info . . .