Brooklands College is a Further Education College with two campuses based in Weybridge and Ashford. We pride ourselves on providing innovative and effective programmes for learners of all abilities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Report Writer to join Brooklands College's MIS team. We are looking for a key player in delivering high quality services and support that meet the needs of the business. You will be called upon to interact with colleagues at all levels, including managers and leadership.
The successful candidate will have
- Experience with business intelligence solutions and relational databases
- Experience developing and maintaining reports and dashboards (SQL, SSRS, Power BI Excel, etc.)
- Strong SQL skills and reporting/visualization best practices
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work with minimal direction and ability to coordinate complex activities in an evolving environment
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Designing, developing and maintaining reports, dashboards and other Business Intelligence solutions
- Providing ad hoc reporting as needed from a variety of sources
- Applying analytical and problem-solving skills for maximum impact across departments
- Maintaining data interfaces between applications
This role offers the right candidate a real opportunity to grow and develop
- Project experience giving exposure at senior level
- Representation on user groups and cross departmental working committees
- A chance to assist with ED&I initiatives within the College
- Collating requirements and developing solutions for multiple departments, including academic areas, finance and HR.
At Brooklands College we have a vibrant, sociable working environment with a real sense of working at the heart of the local community. We offer a generous benefits package, including: -What's in it for you:
- Pension (TPS or LGPS)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Staff well-being and fitness resources
- CPD courses and training to enhance your skills and provide strong career progression
- Financial benefits and discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Health cash plan
- Hair and Beauty
- Brooks Café open daily, serving hot and cold food
- Employee recognition schemes: - Celebration Day and Brooklands Value Awards
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible working
Brooklands College is dedicated to being a place of work where people with diverse cultures and backgrounds are welcome. We believe that having equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and students embody the essence of what Brooklands College is about.
The College is committed to safeguarding to ensure the safety of young people and vulnerable adults. Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Agencies need not apply. About Us
We are a Further Education College that serves the community of Surrey. We have three campuses that are closely located to the town centres of Weybridge and Ashford, with very good local transport links and train links to London.
Approximately 2,000 students choose to study with us each year, either to start or enhance their career pathway or broaden their skills and knowledge for their own professional development.
With an Ofsted rating of Good (2019), this is an excellent place to study.
Brooklands College's values underpin the mission and aims of the College and shape the culture and behaviours that will support aspiration and achievement.
The College values are:
Respect and Compassion
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
These values were developed by College employees to support the whole College community in our drive for excellence.
Brooklands College and the Brooklands Estate has a rich and fascinating history. This is particularly relating to the Locke King family, which through its pioneering contribution to British motor racing and aviation made the name and the reputation of Brooklands famous throughout the world. Brooklands College reserve the right to close this vacancy before the closing date. Please apply early to avoid disappointment