Behaviour Support Teaching AssistantLocation:
£330 - £375 (Take Home Pay)Days & Hours of Work:
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:00pmStart Date:
September 2022End Date:
July 2023. With opportunity to go permanent 23/24 academic yearResponsible to:
Inclusion Manager, SENDCo & Assistant Head TeacherPost Objective:
To provide behavioural support to promote individual students' progress.Role InformationClassroom Support:
Additional Student Support:
- Under the direction of the Inclusion Manager, work with individuals and small groups of students within a classroom situation to ensure each child has the maximum access to all learning activities.
- In liaison with teaching staff, plan, prepare and deliver the support needed, developing strategies to achieving positive behavioural outcomes.
- Support teaching staff with appropriate strategies when dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Ensure pupils receive regular and constructive feedback with regards to their progress.
- Arrange and develop 1-1 mentoring programmes to support students in managing their own classroom behaviour and learning.
- Work with teaching staff in the planning and implementation of individual behaviour support programmes for named children or small groups.
- Meeting individual children or small groups to support them through withdrawal from classes or through meetings arranged at other times in the school day.
- Develop and deliver group workshops for students identified with Behavioural, Social and Emotional Difficulties (BSED).
- Small group work intervention for Maths and English
- Liaise with Alternative Education Providers, parents and teaching staff on student progress.
- Challenge and motivate students to promote self-esteem.
- To undertake individual support for students through internal and external exams.
- To support the inclusion manager in the day to day running of the isolation unit within school.
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted by James Cullingworth to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.