Leicester (our ref AL1145) - hybrid after inital training period
Salary to c£38,000 inc benefits
My client is a National IFA and due to continued growth, they are now looking to appoint a Paraplanner to join their existing Leicester based team.
The role involves working closely with a team of financial planning consultants, with support provided by their internal team of administrators. The purpose of the role is to provide technical support by way of research, recommendations and report writing for the financial planning consultants. This is an excellent career development opportunity for an experienced paraplanner to work with large and complex financial solutions in a prestigious firm. Consideration may be given to applicants at Trainee Paraplanner level who have not yet achieved full CII Diploma level 4 status and who have previous experience with IFA Administration
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Research and analyse products and providers for new clients, compiling suitability reports
- Periodically reviewing available products; pro-actively seeking new product details to ensure appropriate recommendations can be made, meeting all client needs
- Researching investment funds on an ongoing basis, to ensure they are performing in line with expectations. Ensure all recommended funds are suitable for a client's risk attitude and in line with investment ethos
- Reviewing both new contracts and alterations in product provider's terms. Make product recommendations to Financial Advisors
- Ensuring that all research material is on file and that records are organised
- Maintaining procedures for the 'back office'
- Provide support to the financial advisers to ensure compliance and new business submission documentation is accurate
- Undertake annual review for existing clients, researching, analysing and making recommendations where applicable.
THE IDEAL PERSON
- Experienced paraplanner - ideally with 2 years + in the role of actual report writing
- Able to 'problem solve' and formulate solutions
- Level 4 Diploma or working towards this
- Excellent knowledge of key areas of financial planning, to include trusts, personal taxation, pension legislation, protection, and investment principles.
- Attention to detail, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Polite and discreet when dealing with Financial Advisers and clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, in dealing with both Financial Advisers, clients and colleagues, with the aptitude to quickly build rapport
- Fully competent with MS Office, with expert Excel knowledge an advantage. Ideal candidates will also be familiar with industry-specific applications
- Ability to work on own initiative with strong organisational skills to plan and manage own workload and prioritise tasks as appropriate.
- Consideration given to Trainee Paraplanners
If this Paraplanning role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.