Semi Senior Accountant
We're incredibly excited to offer the role of Semi-Senior Accountant for our tech-based accounting start-up. At TaxBoxx we've been hard at work developing our mobile and web apps which are used every day by our existing clients. We're now looking to bring our tech-based service to the open market, achieve rapid growth and begin an incredible journey.Semi Senior Accountant duties include:
Semi Senior Accountant requirements:
- Preparation of accounts and tax returns for mostly limited companies, but sole traders and partnerships too
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly managements accounts
- Preparation of VAT returns and completion of client bookkeeping when required
- Preparation of client payroll if needed
- Resolving client queries and giving friendly advice
- You should have a minimum of 2 years practice experience.
- You should be AAT qualified/part-qualified, perhaps studying towards ACCA/ACA/CTA, though we also value candidates qualified by experience.
- To really prosper in this role you should be passionate about small business and want to help our clients achieve their goals.
- You should be organised, reliable and take pride in producing quality work.
- You should be approachable and empathic towards people that need help, realising that you're in a position of trust.
- A decent level of competency with technology is especially important as the role will involve working with various accounting (and non-accounting) software products.
- A UK driving licence is also required as travel may be required.
We serve small businesses, contractors, and the self-employed in all kinds of professions and trades. From shed builders to hairdressers, pubs to property developers, we give crucial support and advice to the backbone of our economy. You'll be exposed to businesses of all types of sizes, from pre-revenue start-ups to multi-million-pound turnover organisations.
We provide all the services traditional accounting firms provide (except audit, which we see as a plus), but we do it in a non-traditional way. We offer unlimited advice as a standard client benefit, so we don't track time (no timesheets!). Clients message us directly via the TaxBoxx App which opens the door for quicker responses (think email etiquette). Our app utilises Open Banking to fetch bank transactions, so you don't have half-finished jobs where you're waiting for that missing bank statement.We offer the following benefits:
- Private medical insurance
- Full study support and funding (ACA, ACCA, CTA)
- Matched pension contributions up to 6%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 extra day holiday per year of service (up to 5 additional days)
- Extra day holiday for Birthday
- Flexible/remote working (min 1 day in office per week)
- Company phone
- Relaxed environment and casual dress code