Our client, a highly respected Higher Education establishment based in Glasgow, require anThe salary for the position is £230 per day via Umbrella Company (inside IR35).Main Purpose of the Role:
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Based substantially within the Estates Directorate, as well as within Finance as required, you will partner with the Estates senior management team to provide strategic finance leadership and direction, focused on supporting the achievement of the University's Estates Strategy. You will contribute significantly as a senior member of the Finance and Estates teams to the development and delivery of directorate strategy, policy, operational plans and continuous improvement in the context of ongoing capital investment and significant annual revenue expenditure.
- You will provide management information for both strategic and operational purposes, and undertake financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, risk analysis and financial option appraisal, driving forward financial management strategies and plans for Estates. You will assist in devising innovative funding strategies in respect of the University's Estates Strategy, working in conjunction with banks and professional advisers. You will also provide information and recommendations on financial planning and option appraisals to the University's key decision making committees including Estates Committee and Executive Team and support relevant approvals by Court Business Group and Court. You will play a key role in supporting the Director of Estates in undertaking the management of Estates' financial resources, and have line management responsibility for the Assistant Finance Business Partner as well as further support from Finance Assistants within the wider Accounting Services team.
- Educated to degree level
- Membership of a recognised CCAB accounting professional body with extensive post-qualifying experience, ideally gained in a large complex organisation
- Substantial proven experience in a financial/management accounting or audit role in a large complex organisation
- Significant knowledge and experience of financial and budgetary control systems
- Experience in capital and revenue project costing, evaluation and option appraisal
- Excellent written and presentation skills, able to present complex financial information to a wide audience, including non-financial colleagues, clearly and comprehensively
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- High level of IT skills, especially Word and Excel with the ability in particular to structure, analyse and interpret complex financial data
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to make well-considered decisions, resolve conflicts and demonstrate sound, professional judgement
- Self-motivated, able to work effectively under pressure and to tight timescales, whether independently, as part of a team or leading a small team, with an aptitude for prioritising priorities and manage competing demands
- Strong commercial awareness with a clear understanding of strategic objectives and key business
To apply, please submit your CV or contact Richard in our Glasgow office for further information.This role requires a qualified accountant, with professional membership.