Taylor Hawkes are currently recruiting for a Top 50 Accountancy Practice, who are looking for a Private Client Semi-Senior for their Manchester Office. My client are a market leading accounting, tax and advisory practice, whose services include audit, assurance and business advisory services, as well as advice on corporate and personal tax matters.
As a Semi-Senior you will be contributing advice, and work on all aspects of personal tax matters within the allocated portfolio of clients; working within a team, alongside other private client departments including, Trust, Expatriate Tax and various Partners within the firm.
This would suit an ambitious candidate with a desire to further their education with a professional qualification whilst receiving relevant experience and on-the-job training within a top practice.
• Dealing with compliance matters including preparation and submission of annual Tax Returns of all allocated clients; ensuring all are compliant with tax regulations;
• Looking after the day-to-day issues/queries from clients working with relevant team specialists as appropriate;
• Responsible for a general portfolio of personal tax clients which differ in client type and complexity;
• Liaison with HM Revenue & Customs and clients on all personal tax issues;
• Provide tax advice to clients, in a supported environment, which may include legislative changes or tax efficient planning advice where appropriate;
• Responsible for providing consistent client service of a high quality which includes maintaining regular client contact such as face to face meetings, e-mail correspondence and telephone discussions;
• Assisting with ad hoc project work, that may include work on P11Ds and working across teams within the private client practice;
• Responsible for liaison with other departments within the firm where appropriate for example Trust, Pensions, Business Group etc.
Skills and personal attributes required:
• Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
• A well-developed sense of client service and quality orientation
• Good attention to detail
• Organisation of personal workload
• Working as part of a team
• A proactive and analytical approach with a desire to progress