Electrical and Electronic Engineer - Aerospace and Defense (Early Career)
This is an exciting opportunity for degree qualified engineer with some industrial experience to build their career and knowledge by workingas part of a multi-disciplined team at an aerospace research establishment with world leading facilities. The successful candidate will gain experience by working alongside other highly skilled teams who design and manufacture wind tunnel models, conduct the wind tunnel tests and maintain and develop all aspects of the facilities and capabilities of this establishment. This highly varied role will give the successful candidate opportunities to use many aspects of electrical and electronic engineering such as Instrumentation, data acquisition & control, Control panel design, rotating machines and low and high voltage systems.In return for your knowledge and efforts, this Bedfordshire based company will offer you:
Responsibilities of the Electrical & Electronic Engineer will include the following:
- A commitment to invest in the professional development of the successful candidate.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme.
The successful candidate will have the following skills or experience:
- Producing & maintaining control panels to interface with sensors & actuators for controlling and monitoring rigs, plant or equipment.
- Produce wiring diagrams for control panels and associated rigs and plant.
- Contribute to and eventually own the whole project lifecycle including eliciting requirements and conducting feasibility studies, producing designs and participating in design reviews, installation & commissioning, documentation and training and maintaining & upgrading the rig.
- Produce designs that comply with relevant legislation & standards such as IEC 60204 and ISO 13849
- A degree in Electrical or Electrical and Electronic Engineering with some industrial experience either as an intern or as part of a first role.
- Methodical troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- Strong analytical skills to assist with data analysis and problem identification.
- Being Familiar with programmable controllers, such as National Instrument's (NI) CRIO and PXI hardware platforms, or similar is preferred.
- Experience of using serial, Ethernet, or industrial communication protocols
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Familiarity with the configuration of Windows PCs and hardware.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual residency in the UK.
For further information on the Product Development Technician position please contact Chris Mead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment by email at or by telephone on:
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.