AQUMEN Recruitment is working with a prestigious manufacturing business based in Scunthorpe to secure the services of an experienced Financial Controller to manage the Finance Department on site and maintain and improve the financial reporting. This position will also team up with the AGM and the Plant Management team to help drive improvements and provide awareness of budget and forecast issues.
This is potentially a "Hybrid role" with a minimum 2 days per week spent in the office.
As Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Management of Plant Finance Team and liaison with UK central accounting team.
- Full responsibility for preparation of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Stats, Capex, and preparation of Cash Flow statement, in a timely manner.
- Managing month end processes and full review of monthly pack with the FM.
- Monitor key performance measures against agreed targets and detail as part of monthly reviews.
- Control of Plant EBITDA, through regular review of all costs with Senior Managers and preparation of a weekly plant flash which accurately outlines plant expected sales, OI, inventory and capital numbers.
- Actively works with the plant teams to help reduce cost
- Working with Procurement to drive negotiations with key suppliers by producing financial data to highlight loss making parts and to provide a source of focus for high spend cost centres.
- Assist UK central accounting in the management of Month end preparation & reporting of results, in a timely manner. This includes all levels of data analysis (P&L and Balance sheets).
- Data input for standard accruals and pre-payments (Standard Journal entry)
- Management of Plant Commercial Issues by working alongside the Commercial Business Managers and Procurement, maintain full control of the bill of materials, Gross Profit control, multiple currency control and reduction of foreign exchange risk.
- Ensuring the systems and practices within the Plant meet with internal and external requirements, highlighting issues where necessary.
- Managing the monthly Sales analysis ensuring all sales and associated sales are reported accurately in ERP system.
- Act as facilitator for financial queries generating reports/ correspondence, delegating where necessary.
- In conjunction with UK accounting acting as interface to external auditors.
- Coordination & preparation of all financial re-forecasts, annual budget and 5 year forecast. Working closely with each Senior Manager to review financial trend reports and forecast future spend for all plant turnover and costs. Lead the plant finance board review alongside the AGM with the CFO, CEO, Commercial Director and VP Finance Europe.
- Management of Capital Expenditure and the Fixed Asset Register. Managing the process to ensure that Fixed Assets are capitalised when in use, tagged and recorded with meaningful descriptions to ensure clear identification through an audit process. Work with the Engineering and Maintenance Managers within the Plant and ensure that Central Finance documentation is completed in order to keep the register up to date.
- Assisting the Management Team in attaining Board approval for all Plant Capital Expenditure whilst working with the Senior Managers to ensure that any business cases are viable and provide and support any necessary financial data.
- Assist with physical Stock Takes as to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the process.
- Ensure standard costs are correct and participate in costing and RFQ process where required
- Analysis of Financial data to identify improvement opportunities. Working closely with the Management Team to assist with accurate management of the site CI Savings Roadmap.
- Coordinating and maintaining a SOX compliant plant by working with departmental managers to write and audit plant compliant processes to satisfy external regulations.
- Provision of all Management Information for Non-Finance Managers. Ensuring the site Management Team has the financial data support to enable them to make informed Operational decisions.
- Working with European IT Team to ensure that the ERP system provides accurate financial data and reports.
- Conduct appraisals for direct reports, setting and cascading both individual and departmental objectives and targets.
- Managing all aspects of personnel duties within the department- including, but not limited to: disciplinary, personnel issues, performance, absenteeism, pay reviews.
- Following and maintaining sound EH&S practices
- Attend Plant Management meetings, to ensure that finance and cost control remain a key Plant focus.
- Ensuring there is a proactive succession plan and cross training within the Finance Department, with the aim of ensuring the department can meet/exceed the required results.
- This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and by inference includes any other projects or tasks assigned to the AGM or FP&A Controller.
- Control of Finance Department budget, including preparation and adherence to
- Collation of all site budgets and control of approvals, tracking and monitoring adherence to each one
- Control of ensuring the budget reporting package is filled in properly and in a timely basis
- Other duties/responsibilities as required by the business.
The successful Financial Controller will be CIMA Qualifies/Degree Level and will have experience of Accounting within a Manufacturing environment. You will have the ability to manage time effectively and prioritise tasks along with previous experience of managing a team of finance personnel.
You will be confident with strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skillsin addition to excellent organisational skills as well as a strong sense of urgency and an ability to juggle priorities and work under pressure. You will be highly flexible and adaptable with the ability to work as an individual or as part of a team and to work on their own init