Information Security EngineerType: PermanentLocation: Remote/ Newcastle upon TyneSalary: £39,000
A national company in Newcastle are looking for an Information Security Engineer
to join a brand-new team of Security experts in their technical hub. This role will involve managing the identification and implementation of suitable information security metrics
, communication information security risk across the business and analysing security metrics and data. This role is looking for someone to make information security a priority across the business, and immediately accessible when audits are in place. This will be a transformation role
that will sit at the heart of a supportive team.
This company offers excellent flexibility in work
, if the hours get done, you can work whenever you want. The role will be primarily remote with the occasional pop into office for collaboration purposes. The opportunities for progression are endless
as the team is currently growing, and there are multiple technical teams within the business who you can learn from. Key responsibilities will include:
Key sills required for this role:
- Evaluate information security performance and the effectiveness of the information security management system.
- Collecting and analysing information security metrics and measures data to prepare reports required for senior management and other relevant stakeholders.
- Engaging with senior management to ensure that they understand the information security risks relevant to the organisation.
- Establishing information security monitoring arrangements for new services / programmes / projects
- Managing the external compliance requirements framework and the timely and accurate completion of submissions and returns.
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance with information security policies, standards, processes and procedures.
- Developing materials and tools to effectively communicate information security compliance and performance trends across the business.
- Participating in the development, delivery and management of the information security education, training and awareness programme.
- Knowledge of Information Security management, including:
- Implementing IS best practices
- Understanding of the requirements of ISO 27001 standards and their practical application
- An understanding of the tools and technologies available to protect and monitor IS.
- Knowledge of data protection, information governance policies and good practice.
- Knowledge of risk management techniques and the application of a risk-based approach to managing security.
- Involvement in the development and management of information security metrics
- Involvement in implementing ISO 27001 security standard
- Involvement in the delivery of information security training and awareness
- Flexible working
- Excellent pension scheme
- Car lease scheme
- 27 Days Annual Leave, rising to 29, and then to 33 days + bank holidays
- Continuous professional development
- Childcare Vouchers
- Healthcare Support
- Volunteering days
- Free eye tests
If you would like to know anything more about this role or even just want to hear what other Infrastructure, Cloud and Security positions I have that may also be a good match for you then please apply to this advert / or catch me on LinkedIn "Hayley Bee
You must be fully eligible to work in the UK to apply to this position and be able to travel into office on occasion