Who we are:
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality - we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers' success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group's activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.Position:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Conference Content Co-Ordinator to join our Global Brands Team. Global Brands F2F Events is an international events team that delivers CEO-level conferences across 3 continents. Events include Probiota series, Sports Nutrition series, FoodNavigator Summit, Healthy Ageing Summit and other events across the international food & nutrition industries.
The dynamic and growing team combines specialist knowledge of global markets with the skills and resources to deliver in each of them. The team develops new event formats and approaches that maximise value for commercial partners while delivering content that wins applause from even the most demanding audiences.Key Responsibilities:To work within the events team to deliver our f2f event portfolio:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Kick off meeting with editorial and event management to discuss content key pillars for the event.
- From the kick off meeting brief, research key pillars and potential speakers and report back to head of event operations and editorial team with findings.
- Speaker admin - requesting speakers' information such as bios, synopsis and photo and managing the information when it is received.
- Manage the speaker database ensuring that all information is kept up to date.
- Liaising with speakers in the lead-up to, during and post event including sending speaker information, confirming accommodation requirements and final event instructions.
- Liaising with sponsors on their speaker slots and round tables.
- Ensuring all speaker information is passed to the marketing team for marketing collateral and working closely with them to produce any relevant marketing material that includes speaker's information.
- Updating the speaker and programme pages on the event websites.
- Briefing speakers on their presentation spec (format, timings, etc) and ensuring all presentations are received before going onsite to the event.
- Travelling onsite to events and looking after speakers onsite ensuring all have arrived, presentations are received and loaded and that they are ready for their speaker slot.
- Liaising with AV technicians onsite to ensure that the speaker presentations run smoothly and to time.
- Working with the events team onsite to ensure the smooth running of our events.
Why work for us:
- Outstanding communication (written & verbal) and strong admin skills
- Ability and initiative to research content pillars and potential speakers - this is a key part of the role
- Attention to detail and good at proof reading
- A self-starter who can work well in a small team
- Extremely well organised and able to work on multiple projects and towards deadlines
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Excellent Excel and MS office skills
- A pro-active, positive and 'can do' attitude
- A global outlook and interest in international events
- Ability to travel internationally to work onsite at events
- Previous Conference Content / Event experience preferred
- Ideally commercially minded and determination to succeed
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company's current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company's Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.