Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Newly Qualified Accountant to join a leading Corporate Finance and Forensic Accounting Team in East Anglia.
The role would suit any individual who has qualified within the last two years within a large practice but has a desire to move into a Corporate Finance and Forensics position. The firm will provide full support and training in order to assist the candidate in reaching their full career potential.
This role presents the opportunity to join a specialist firm of forensic accountants and corporate finance advisors who provide independent expert witness services to the legal profession and working on advisory projects for corporate clients. This position allows the opportunity to work alongside two of the most respected Director's in the region.
Typical duties to start with will include:
- Assistance on corporate finance transactions and financial due diligence;
- Assistance on forensic accounting and expert witness assignments;
- Involvement in the team's business development activities;
- Ad hoc project work
- Use financial modelling to predict outcomes
- Liaise with all parties involved in transactions and assist with negotiations
- Prepare legal documents and prospectuses
- Assess and predict financial risks and return
Ideally candidates will have their ACA or ACCA qualification with at least three years' experience within a practice. They will be proactive, possess initiative and drive will be expected as well as the confidence to liaise with clients, financial experts and lawyers. No assignment is the same so a can-do attitude and a desire to learn is essential. Knowledge of financial modelling and/or advanced excel skills would also be of benefit.