Purchase Ledger Clerk
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Purchase Ledger / Accounts Assistant
based in Middlesbrough. The successful candidate will earn £19,000 - £21,000
per annum depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual who will join our Purchase Ledger Accounts Team. The position available is challenging, rewarding and requires a high level of commitment. The position will include working as part of a team and the applicant will work under direct supervision of the Department Manager.
Previous experience within the shipping/transportation or freight forwarding industry in an Accounts role is an advantage but is not essential.
Hours of work will be 9am to 5.30 pm.Role Requirements
- Qualifications to a minimum of GCSE standard is required with good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills for liaising with customers, suppliers and work colleagues in the UK and overseas both verbally and electronically.
- The role requires a substantial amount of concentration and accuracy so good typing skills would assist.
- An ability to work as a team to assist in all areas of the department if/when required and to be able to prioritise work and use own initiative would be essential
- Good IT literacy
- Responsible for group of accounts
- Organisation of email
- Processing of purchase invoices via an in-house system (e.g job-costs)
- Processing of purchase invoices via Sun Accounts (e.g Tank Repairs)
- Distributing purchase invoices for approval to UK/Overseas staff
- Communication with suppliers and UK/Overseas staff and dealing with purchase invoice enquiries
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Preparing monthly payments - balancing to supplier statements
- Entering payments on to banking systems
- In-house maintenance of supplier accounts
Bulkhaul Limited was established in 1981 and is dedicated to the global transportation of liquids, powders, and gases. With consistent annual growth and a fleet of over 23,000 deep sea liquid iso-tanks, which are 100% owned, Bulkhaul is one of the world's largest independent operators and a market leader in global tank transportation.Why should you apply?
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
- Private Health Cover
- Various Pension Scheme options (following certain criteria)
- 25 days holiday per annum plus all statutory bank holidays
- Company Sick pay (following certain criteria)
- Annual Pay review