A fantastic TV Agency is looking for a Finance Manager to join their team. This will suit someone who has experience in Management Accounts and is would be keen to gain experience in Production Accounting.
- Overseeing the month-end closedown process across the group (ensuring correct revenue recognition and cut-off under the % complete method) in addition to monthly closedown journals and balance sheet reconciliations (eg payroll journals, intercompany reconciliations, prepayments and accruals, etc). Review and scrutiny of the figures. Preparation of board pack numbers for the Finance Director.
- Overseeing the production accounts process for all live productions. This includes: working with our Head of Production on the budgets for each show; setting up our internal cost managers; cash-flowing, forecasting and reconciling the cost managers with our current Production Accountant; dealing with foreign currencies; and maintaining a strong relationship with Production Managers.
- Coordinating the monthly payroll process for PAYE and self-employed staff with our outsourced payroll company. Knowledge of HMRC implications within the TV industry is critical here as is knowledge of the auto-enrolment pension process.
- Ensuring that control procedures and policies are adhered to within each production. Giving accounts inductions to new Production Managers.
- Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines and managing conflicting demands on time, while still delivering accurate results.
- High level of organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.