SEN Teaching Assistant | Leicester Based | £70-£85 per day |
- Are you interested in working within the Special Educational Needs sector?
- Are you looking for a full time role as a SEN Teaching Assistant with excellent training opportunities and the possibility of career progression?
- Are you living in the Leicester area or happy to commute?
- Are you looking for a rewarding career where no two days are the same?
- £70 - £85 per day depending on experience
If so then the following role of a SEN Teaching Assistant could be for you!
At Randstad Education we are working closely with large special education needs schools in the Leicester area. We are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant, with experience working either 1:1 or on a small group basis, to join the team!
Our client schools thrive on supporting SEN children to reach their full potential. The schools pride themselves in providing a wonderful learning environment for both staff and students.You will be joining a team very dedicated to providing the best opportunities for the pupils. As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will support the children with their learning, life skills and well-being as well as being a role model to the pupils in the classroom.
Your duties as a SEN Teaching Assistant will include:
- Supporting the classroom teacher
- Work on a 1:1 or group basis with pupils who have Special Educational Needs
- Report back to parents and Teachers regarding pupils progress
- Break time duties
- Completion of daily records for pupils
- Classroom preparation for the following school day
Benefits Randstad can offer:
- CV writing
- The option to go from long term to permanent job roles
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young children within the education sector
- ReferAFriend scheme where you could have the chance to earn £300
What is required to be a Level 2 SEN Teaching Assistant?
- Have experience of working with SEN children within an educational setting
- Current Enhanced DBS check or willing to undergo checks
- Full time availability Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
- Be passionate about working with children that have SEN and be determined to make sure that their learning experience is as comfortable and positive as possible
- Good Numeracy and Literacy skills
- (Desired) Experience using learning schemes such as Makaton / PECs / Team Teach / Signalong
- (Desired) Experience/Understanding of EHCP's
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply with your CV to or call any time! Thanks!
If this job role of a SEN Teaching Assistant isn't suitable for you but you know someone that would excel then please, don't hesitate to take advantage of our £300 refer-a-friend scheme.