Academics are seeking experienced and hard working Cover Supervisors with a keen interest in developing their skills in teaching. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate looking to get into teaching and wants to build up their confidence in the classroom - delivering lessons and managing classroom behaviour.You will be required to work in various secondary schools in the Southampton area where cover is required. This may be in various classes across key stage 3 and key stage 4, covering lessons across the curriculum. In the circumstances of a school booking a Cover Supervisor, the Class Teacher would have planned the lesson and you will be given all of the tools and support to deliver the lesson and keep pupils engaged. If you have a strength or interest in a particular subject, we will always notify the school so they can place you in the desired department where possible. Suitable candidates must be available over 3 days per week and be willing to travel to various schools within the local area. The ability or willingness to teach other subjects is desirable. Also having your own transport would be beneficial.
You will ideally:
You must have a clear Child Workforce DBS registered to the DBS Update Service or be willing to pay for the cost of a new one at £50.60. If you are interested in working in schools in the Southampton and surrounding area, please apply using the link provided.
- Have a degree and/or relevant experience of working in a school setting.
- Have recent experience of teaching or supporting in a classroom in the UK.
- Be able to show good behaviour and classroom management skills.
- Be available at least three days per week.
- Be Southampton based or happy to travel to Southampton for work.
- Be happy to cover classes across the curriculum in both key stage 3 and 4