Student Safety Team LeaderWould you lend your ear to someone in need?
If you value and show concern for others and are a natural night owl, we have room for you in a company that will recognise, reward, and support you to reach your potential.We are Unite Students,
a progressive FTSE250 company, and the leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK, and we are looking for people with positive attitudes and a caring nature, to join our Customer Operations team as Student Safety Team Leaders
and help us provide outstanding service to the students who live with us.
You will be leading from the centre of a Student Safety Team in your city, making sure that we maintain a safe, secure, and welcoming night-time environment for our students. This includes lending an ear or helping hand to students in need, responding to `in the moment` situations and being a point of escalation for your team.
You will be able to:
- Support the Student Safety Manager to build and develop a motivated, engaged, and high-performance team
- Responsible for the routine activities of your team, including delegating tasks and setting targets, working alongside them to achieve these
- Support the training and development of your team members to help them reach their potential
- Take accountability for your team`s responsiveness in solving our students` problems
- Support our students` wellbeing should they find themselves in vulnerable or difficult situations
- Responsible for the safety and security of the building, making sure your team conducts the necessary checks
- Assume Student Safety Team Member duties when the Student Safety Manager is on shift
You will lead from the front to:
- Provide a welcoming front of house reception service.
- Conduct regular building checks to make sure that our buildings are clean, safe, and secure.
- Undertake adhoc housekeeping and maintenance duties as needed
What we look for in you:
- You are comfortable working overnight across the city as part of a small team
- You are a confident operator and able to lead a team in the absence of the Student Safety Manager when required
- You can delegate tasks fairly, bearing in mind your team`s strengths and weaknesses
- You will be able to make quick and decisive responses to "in the moment" events
- You communicate effectively, by actively listening, making points logically, and by using appropriate language, tone, and gesture.
- You remain calm and focussed, even in difficult or pressurised situations
- You are detail-orientated, nothing escapes your eye
- You are confident working both on your own or as part of a team
- You understand and respect the diversity of others` cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds
We will provide you with:
- A market competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent training to support your learning and development
- An opportunity to grow your skills in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Hours and Shift Pattern:
Core hours for this role are Monday - Sunday, between 22:00 and 07:00. Shift patterns available include a 4 on / 3 off, 5 on / 2 off, or 4/3 & 5/2 hybrid shift pattern between these core hours.Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality
, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success
, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result. If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!