Tax Manager - Hybrid Working!
My client are a leading multi-office firm, seeking to bolster their tax department due to growth, by recruiting a Tax Manager to work within their flagship office. This is a Tax Manager role, reporting directly to the Tax Partner and will involve a mixture of corporate tax and personal tax compliance work, with a slight bias towards corporate tax.
As the largest and fastest growing region of the Firm we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
They are a top 20 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Manager role is offering a competitive salary, study support (if needed), a great career path to progress within the firm and a leading benefits package.Duties:
- Managing the tax compliance processes to ensure that tax returns are filed on a timely basis and clients are advised of tax payments
- Reviewing corporation tax computations, returns and statutory accounts tax disclosures
- Reviewing personal tax returns and computations
- Reviewing trust tax returns
- Reviewing non-resident company returns
- Preparation of more complex corporation tax and personal tax computations and returns
- Following established procedures for workflows and updating these when necessary
- Conducting technical research
- Delegating work to Tax Senior/Semi-Senior
- Line manager for Tax Senior/Semi-Senior
- Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
- 2 - 3 years' post-qualification tax compliance experience
- Experience in a small or mid-tier accountancy practice with exposure to owner-managed businesses
- Experience of management of tax compliance processes
- Broad and general tax knowledge of all aspects of direct taxes
- Line manager experience
For more information on this opportunity please either apply, or contact Peter Chapman at AJ Chambers.
- Ideally ATT, CTA, ACA or ACCA qualified