Senior Trading Controller
We are looking for someone to maximise Trading performance for assigned categories / suppliers and lead the Food Service Trading team.You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business which began life in 1917, growing from humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1 billion. A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned business in the UK. We are committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity.SPAR is the world's largest international food retail chain, encompassing more than 12,000 stores in 40 countries. With more than 2,600 stores and a turnover in excess of £3 billion, SPAR is also the UK's leading convenience store group. Being a 'symbol' group means that individual SPAR members retain their independence but enjoy the many benefits of being a part of a global brand.Key Accountabilities
Key Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Lead the Foodservice Trading team, liaising with key Foodservice divisional stakeholders and wider A.F. Blakemore departments and divisions.
- Maximise annual sales, profit, and supplier income in line with agreed budgets for assigned categories/suppliers
- Review and analysis of ranges and product switching opportunities to deliver improvements in cost, cash profit, income, and stock holding.
- Negotiate and evaluate strategic purchasing opportunities / volume deals to include promotional buy ins/commodity purchasing etc.
- Effective management of all income streams including forecasting and invoicing.
- To ensure the Foodservice division offer an up to date and appropriate range that reflects consumer market trends and the customer/channel proposition
- Managing price change information into the Pricing Manager
- Regular reporting against key performance targets and objectives, contributing towards required improvement where appropriate
- Identifying opportunities for improved efficiency within the Trading and Demand Planning functions
- Agree and document joint business plans (JBP's) with key suppliers, to include promotional plans, target turnover and supplier income.
- Negotiate favourable buying terms with suppliers, increased levels of supplier income from the supply base and the delivery of a planned programme of promotional activity in conjunction with the membership of our affiliated Trading Group partners, where you will lead the relationship.
- The control and delivery of all departmental administrative systems and procedures
- Recommending actions for improvement within Foodservice Trading function and engaging in/ sharing best practice across the business
- Meeting agreed timescales and deadlines with regard to internal and external trading information, reports and documentation
- Contribute to the management of company stock to include shelf life extensions where necessary, limiting stock holding and minimise stock markdowns
What's in it for you?
- Holder of a Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
- Educated to degree level preferred but not essential.
- High level of numeracy and analysis ability is essential. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional negotiation skills essential with strong Foodservice/Wholesale category knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to build strong working relationships is essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principals
- Able to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues whilst also having the initiative and confidence to work independently
- Has a flexible approach to working hours
- Keen problem-solving skills / creative thinking. A self-starter, quick to take initiative and spot new opportunities
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
Location: Wednesbury WS10 9UZContract type: PermanentHours: Full Time, 40 hours per weekSalary: Circa £50,000 - £60,000 per annual dependent on experienceBenefits: Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job roleClosing date for applications: 24th June 2022You may also have experience in the following: Trading Manager, Multiple Retail Buying, Trading Controller, Supplier Management, Convenience Store Purchasing, Buyer, Wholesale, Retail Procurement, Technical Manager, Category Manager, National Account Manager, etc.Ref 133 609