Job title: Quality Technician Salary Range: £23,500 per annum Hours: 8:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire Permanent position working for a leading manufacturing organisation within the Automotive, Motorsport, Marine and MOD sector
A Quality Technician is required with knowledge of leading PDI activity related to metrology inspection of product using standard measuring equipment such as verniers, calipers, height gauges and micrometers. Rospa manual handling accredited candidates will be well received.
Due to a new project launches this client based in Bridgnorth, Shropshire requires a dynamic, leading Process engineer on a permanent basis. As a Quality Technician, you will be required to:
- Conduct quality audits of process and product
- Support scrap and rework reporting and analysis, and attend a daily scrap revie
- Lead PDI activity related to metrology inspection of product using standard measuring equipment such as verniers, calipers, height gauges and micrometers
- Lead PDI activity on advanced metrology inspection of product using CMM, Laser Romer Arm, Ultrasonic, X-ray, CT scanning (coordination)
- Support of customer on-site containment activity for quality issues (potential off-site UK and/or overseas visits)
- Drive to continue own professional development and education
- Support the management team in your allocated business area as required
- Undertake any other duties of a similar nature consistent with the responsibilities of this post.
The Quality Technician will have the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation as it applies to the role
- Successfully completed a RoSPA certified manual handling training course (or equivalent qualification);
- Completion of Health, Safety & Environmental awareness training;
- Competence in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel & PowerPoint;
- Strong quality orientation
- Knowledge of castings and base quality experience
- Relevant industry experience of cast and machined parts inspection employing all commonly used engineering inspection equipment a benefit.
- Good analytical skills with a high attention to detail;
- Completed crane slinger, bobcat and/or overhead crane training (or other training required in the role), as necessary;
- Able to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- An NVQ level 2 certificate or above in a relevant subject (or equivalent qualification) is desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of quality engineering within castings for a tier supplier within the automotive, plant construction equipment, aerospace, MOD or rail sector. In return for your experience, this Bridgnorth, Shropshire based manufacturing company will offer you:
- Permanent position
- 40 hour working week
- £23,500 per annum
- Contribution pension
- 29 days holidays
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of quality inspection and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Technician, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on
unless specified otherwise.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.