Taylor Hawkes are actively looking for a very talented individual to join a Top 20 accountancy firm, who are looking for a Private Client Tax Senior to be based from their Inverness office. This is a key role within a growing and dynamic firm, the Tax Senior will primarily be exposed to private clients dealing with compliance and helping with advisory tasks. The firm have a wide range of tax professionals in the UK that offer advice on tax, trust and estate planning and wealth management. You will provide solutions to a wide range of clients, including HNWI, families, entrepreneurs and those working in financial services, such as private equity and hedge fund advisors.
In addition to previous experience in a tax role in a professional services environment, the ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills, good attention to detail and the ability to build excellent working relationships. A professional and confidential approach is also vital.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Primarily personal tax and private client role.
• Manage a portfolio of mainly personal tax clients.
• Take ownership of client relationships.
• Undertake all compliance aspects associated with a portfolio of clients.
• Assist senior team members with compliance work on their larger HNW clients.
• Advise as required on tax technical issues and be involved in technical research.
• Assist with wider compliance obligations of the tax team.
• Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
• Market rate base salary.
• 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays).
• Private Medical Cover.
• Life Assurance.
• Income Protection.
• Employer contribution pension programme.
• Flexible working policy (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm).
Required Skills & Attributes:
• Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
• ATT qualified or studying towards CTA.
• Relevant experience in personal (private client) tax is essential.
• Experience in trust tax will be advantageous.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and provide excellent client care