Taylor Hawkes are currently recruiting for a Personal Tax Assistant, the ideal candidate will be studying towards there ATT with a couple of years of relevant tax experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a top 30 firm offering a multi discipline role.
• Working as a Tax Assistant, the role will include assisting mostly with tax compliance services with some advisory work, for a varied portfolio of personal and trust clients, reporting to a Tax Manager.
The role will encompass the following:
• Preparing annual Self-Assessment tax returns, calculating tax liabilities, and advising clients on timely payment of their tax liabilities and submitting some tax returns to HMRC.
• Drafting correspondence with clients and other parties (e.g. bankers / investment managers / trustees) to collate tax return information and following up as required.
• Corresponding with HMRC over the telephone and in writing in relation to enquiries, coding notices and other matters.
• Ensuring that all client files (electronic) are kept up to date with relevant documentation in the appropriate sections.
• Preparing engagement letters, professional clearance letters, and assisting with new client acceptance / KYC checks.
• Assisting with billing and monitoring debtors.
• Adhering to budgets and deadlines and bringing matters to the attention of the Manager.
• Assisting with ad hoc advisory matters including technical research, as requested by the Tax Manager.
• At least 1-2 years of relevant personal tax experience.
• Familiarity with residence and domicile issues is highly desirable.
• ATT(In study), desirable
• Able to prioritise workload and operate to deadlines.
• Well organised and client focused.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
• Experience of using CCH or other similar tax software.