Interaction Accountancy and Finance are delighted to be partnering with a rapidly changing and innovative global business in their search for an experienced and highly skilled Director of Finance to take complete responsibility for aspects of finance for the European region based from their offices near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire .
Taking leadership of the existing team of experienced and well-established staff across the region, this is an excellent opportunity to join a business who are experiencing significant growth and investment in the European region from their US based parent company and can offer excellent opportunities for future career development.
The successful candidate will be required to typically carry out the following duties:
- Providing strong positive oversight and direction to the existing team across 6 countries, constituting 7 legal entities, across all areas of finance , taking responsibility for: Monthly financial close, Annual statutory reporting, Monthly and Annual tax filing for all countries under the remit.
- Proving support in co-ordination with the EMEA FP&A to EMEA VP, in areas from historical performance to strategic and operational
- Ensuring the European region receives the appropriate resources to ensure deadlines are met for statutory reporting, audit and monthly management accounting
- Leading the EMEA Finance team in the timely generation and submission of statutory accounts in compliance with all local fiscal and accounting requirements for local entities, ensuring compliance with SOX regulations
- Leadng the team in the completion and compilation of all audit requirements for both US consolidated and statutory audits each entity in compliance with both UK and local GAAP, including US GAAP
- Working alongside the Corporate Tax director in filing of corporation tax, VAT, customs duty and other regulatory fiscal reporting compliance to each jurisdiction
- Forging and maintaining relationships with banks used within the European region
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Liaising with and influencing local stakeholders, providing timely guidance as necessary
- Ensuring current processes are fit for purpose, ensuring suitable changes are driven through as required
- Leading and developing the UK based finance team, along with other European finance staff, providing coaching and mentoring
- Fostering excellent relationships between the finance team, and internal/external stakeholders
Applications are invited from individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Formally qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with significant post qualification experience within previous European finance roles
- Experience within a pharmaceutical/biosciences/scientific sector would be advantageous but not essential
- At least 6 years experience within senior Finance roles at a similar managerial level
- A strong mixture of Accounting and Audit is essential
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - Quantitive, Business Process Flow
- Highly motivated individual who is driven to succeed and make a difference
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- IT literate with experience of ERP systems, along with advanced level Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
As the business is changing so rapidly, this role would suit an individual looking for a new challenge in fast paced environment, where there is a real opportunity to make a difference and add value as the business continues to expand. In additional to a generous salary, commensurate with experience, there is an excellent benefits package and potential for the future. This role will be working remotely, with occasional travel to offices within the European region Further information and a full description can be provided - please contact Kul Mahal on to find out more.