Full-time 37 hours per weekLocation: Newcastle-under-LymeSalary: Total Overall package in Year 1 of up to £48,253 as follows:
Salary - £24,621 - £34,942 Employer Pension Contributions - £5,860 - £8,311 Golden Hello Payment: upto £5,000Holiday: 52 Days per year (Inclusive of Bank hol and Christmas closure)
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted's recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College's provision and acknowledged NSCG's 'positive, stimulating and safe learning environment', 'highly motivated staff', and 'learners' exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning'. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach Brickwork. You will have relevant industrial experience as well as being qualified to level 3 in your subject area. In addition, you will have experience of teaching or training young people and hold, or be working for, appropriate teaching and assessor/verifier qualifications.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- To lecture and assess students in construction on a range of courses up to and including level 3 with a particular focus on Construction diplomas.
- To carry out assessments for both full time and WBL students.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
What's in it for you?
- Is qualified to NVQ level 3 in a relevant subject and has recent and appropriate industrial experience).
- Has a relevant level 5 teaching qualification (DET/DTLLS/PGCE or equivalent) or willingness to train for one.
- Holds, or is willing to train for Assessor and Verifier Awards.
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
Get in touch
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus bank holidays and a 2 week Christmas closure period)
If you wish to have an informal discussion prior to your application, please contact Steve Michael (Skills & Technology Centre Manager) at email@example.com who will arrange an appointment for you to visit the College and answer any initial questions you may have.How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Lecturer in Brickwork, please click 'Apply Now' to complete an online application form.If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an email and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).The closing date for completed applications is 26th June 2022.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.