Domestic Gas and Repairs Contract ManagerSalary and Benefits:
Based at our Wood Street Office, E17 3NU and E4 8TD
Aston Group is a leading Building Services and Facilities Management company for commercial and residential clients. We are an established, family run, privately owned business that has been setting standards for efficiency, innovation, and quality for over 58 years.
We are currently looking to recruit a Domestic Gas and Repairs Contract Manager to join our team.The Role
As our Domestic Gas and Repairs Contract Manager, you will be responsible the day to day management of the delivery of Gas Service, Repair and Maintenance contract to an agreed programme, budget, and quality within the company's operational targets.
You will be expected to:
- To manage all aspects of the gas service, maintenance and the repairs contracts under your control and take on full responsibility and accountability for the successful operational delivery of a range of work streams (including gas, responsive repairs, planned maintenance programmes)
- Maintain 100% gas compliance at all times.
- Maintain the efficiency and output of the repairs and maintenance services including its reputation with our customers and stakeholders for producing excellent results
- Ensure accuracy of cost information in relation to projects and risk events. Ensure effective recovery of all claims / costs incurred
- Support the Operations Director in the development and implementation of the supplier performance and contract management strategy.
- Delivery of efficiency savings for Aston Group by adopting a strategic supplier performance approach and working closely with the Operations Director to control and manage expenditure
- Liaise with supervisors to meet and greet new employees ensuring an induction is in place for their start date, checking their qualifications and highlighting any training requirements to the HR Manager
- Manage supervisors, lead engineers, gas engineers and administration staff to organise and control the provision of consistent, high quality and customer focused services to ensure the achievement of the company's strategic objectives
- Provide accurate and timely reports on all aspects of projects being delivered including but not limited to production of monthly statistical and qualitative information in respect of KPIs and progress against targets and budgets
- Ensure effective and efficient Management of Supervisors, Lead Engineers and Engineers and to monitor engineer staff resources. Review, monitor and report performance regularly and initiate corrective action as necessary via the Disciplinary & Grievance procedure
- Undertake and accurately record work in progress, post inspections, Health and Safety inspections and act accordingly on findings in conjunction with the Health and Safety Manager
- Adopt and develop the company's positive culture for Health Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) management ensuring that our staff, customers and the public is paramount and at the forefront of everything we do
- Provide guidance, technical support and assistance to engineers when required, highlight any training needs and ensure the necessary training is put in place
- Effectively manage all aspects of the Gas and HIU programmes under your control to ensure that tenants and leaseholders are receiving a high standard of work, on time and within quality expectations and targets
- Develop and maintain a database to monitor parts ordered/used
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 08:00 am to 17:00 pm
, and flexibility with working hours is essential as overtime will be required from time to time.The Candidate
To be considered for our Domestic Gas and Repairs Contract Manager role, you will have the following skills and experience:Qualifications
- Ideally educated to HND level and demonstrate a career with continuous personal development within the gas industry
- Full clean driving licence
- ACS / Gas Safe qualified and the ability to demonstrate relevant experience
- Demonstrate a track record of proven experience of leadership, motivation, and engaging with teams
- Demonstrate previous accountability for delivery of Gas Compliance
- Good understanding of business activities including ICT, Finance, Governance, Health & Safety and Diversity
- Experience in delivering change management processes
- Experience in negotiation with clients, customers and workforce
- Managerial experience at Supervisor/Management level
- The ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills of listening, relationship management and emotional intelligence
- Understands the importance of developing and coaching staff to unlock potential and harness talent management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, negotiation, and persuasion skills, including the ability to weigh up and articulate the risk and benefit of various scenarios and propose effective resolutions
- Strong analytical, numeracy, literacy skills and IT