Taylor Hawkes are looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Semi-Senior/Senior to join their corporate tax group in London.
The role is responsible for all day to day aspects of the corporate tax compliance function including assisting senior team members in the provision of compliance work. The role provides a variety of work as the corporate client portfolio is varied and includes a broad range of sectors and industries and include OMBs, entrepreneurial companies, larger corporates, multi-national groups, FCA regulated companies.
• Preparation of corporation tax computations and tax returns and deferred tax computations for inclusion in the financial statements for own portfolio, including assisting senior team members on their portfolio.
• Reviewing draft financial statements and considering any tax matters arising from the financial statements.
• Dealing with HMRC correspondence including preparing letters for review by senior team members.
• Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues within the tax department and in other departments within the firm.
• Assisting/dealing in other aspects of routine compliance work, including initiation of payment advice letters.
• Communicating with the audit department to obtain relevant information for the preparation of the corporate tax compliance or to resolve queries.
• Monitor their portfolio to ensure deadlines are met, including liaising with senior management to regularly communicate progress of work.
• Ensure the departments work trackers/Digita are monitored and kept up to date.
• Develop knowledge of taxation matters; develop an ability to carry out research and problem solve by using HMRC manuals, tax legislation and online Tolleys etc. in addition to seeking advice from more senior members of the department .
Requirements & skills:
• Candidate to have 18-24 months previous experience in a corporate tax role, with experience in preparing corporate tax computations.
• Competent at relevant computer applications, such as Microsoft office applications, Excel and Word.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
• Able to organise and prioritise and monitor their workload effectively.
• Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus.