SCT Legal AdvisorLocation: LiverpoolSalary: £CompetitiveContract Type: PermanentPosition Type: Full Time
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm, and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. We are a legal services business powered by technology and led by people that support customers in every step of their case.
We are currently recruiting for a talented Legal Advisor to join our first class, Small Claims Track department, in Liverpool. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the work they do, the service they provide and getting the best results for their clients.
The purpose of the Small Claims Track Legal Advisor is to maintain and proactively manage case progression which may include litigated cases and ensure they reach settlement within designated targets & timescales. The Small Claims Track Legal Advisor will have in depth knowledge of the legislation surrounding claims and will use this proactively when handling cases.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors.
At Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) we are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So, we're building a culture where difference is valued. Our culture motivates our employees to give their full selves to the job and invest in the company's future. Our people see value in their work and are eager to do well in their roles. Our values ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.Responsibilities to include:
- Communication with clients where required, via the online portal and in some cases via telephone/email to obtain and provide relevant information.
- Review and value medical reports and make appropriate instruction of further medical experts as per the whiplash matrix and valuing other injuries.
- Manage Liability Admitted & Disputed process (as appropriate), reviewing the evidence presented by both parties and assessing the prospects of success and advising the client on any split liability offers.
- Proactively manage caseload and identify any complications within their caseload and immediately refer to their team leader.
- Collating together details of the client's losses and presenting in a Schedule of Loss ready for submission to the third-party insurer via the new OIC Portal.
- Maintain accurate file and system estimates in line with Company best practice and comply with Lexcel and/or client service standards, client care and protocols.
- Demonstrate effective planning, organisation and decision-making skills and work to deadlines and time limits.
- Effectively assess client credibility and continuously identify improvements to the claims process and bring these to the attention of the Team Leader. Review denials of liability and progress the cases
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of drafting of legal documents court documents, preparing schedules & creating files
- Arrange representation at any Court hearings and ensure that the representative is fully briefed ahead of the hearing
- Timely identification of cases which are no longer appropriate for the Small Claims process and managing an orderly transfer of this to the appropriate team
- Strong analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
- An understanding of regulatory framework, in particular the SRA Code of Conduct
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Our values provide the framework for how we engage with our colleagues, customers, and stakeholders. These behaviours and values must be demonstrated in the role and across the business.
We do what we say we will
We own it, we sort it
We don't wait, we create
We respect and encourage each other
We make time to liveWhat we offer in return:
We offer a flexible agile working environment, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance. The opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award- winning law firm.
For further enquiries relating to this vacancy please contact: Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please Note - Vacancies may closed prior to the expiry date displayed, subject to volume of applications received.