Taylor Hawkes are working a leading medium sized firm based in Central London, the role and responsibilities of the Tax Supervisor will be to look after the day to day running of a portfolio of clients, and assist with advisory work deriving from that portfolio. They will be expected to support on ad-hoc projects and advice as necessary.
• Prepare tax returns (initially) for review by the Manager.
• Interface between clients and partners.
• Assist with the general private client issues and suggest tax planning opportunities for clients within their portfolio.
• Communication and correspondence with HMRC.
• Communication with and answering queries from clients.
• Knowledge of and completion of ATED Returns and relief claims.
• Dealing with Non Resident Landlords accounts and Tax Returns.
• Knowledge of at the very least basic VAT.
• Able to deal with Non Dom client's and Remittance Basis charge.
• Prepare forms P11D.
• Manage payroll technical queries.
• Manage Auto enrolment queries.
• A minimum of 10 years' personal tax experience within a practice environment
• ATT or CTA qualified Accurate work, displaying initiative with minimal supervision
• A proactive attitude Successful work as a team member
• An ability to work under pressure and to be able to prioritise
• Good communication skills Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word applications
• Use of CCH Personal Tax an advantage
• Good organisational skills
• A good general knowledge of income tax, capital gains tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax, P11D benefits, foreign income, inheritance tax and non-doms.
• The successful candidate must have experience of handling a portfolio of clients, and they should also be commercially aware regarding billing and marketing