We're looking for a Fee Earner to join our Wills and Probate team at Fishers Solicitors in Ashby-de-Zouch.
The role is full time (35 hours a week) with the option of hybrid working with up to 2 days from home.
Salary: £35,000-£60,000 per annum dependent on experience.
The successful candidate will be expected to have a high degree of self-management and initiative to manage a varied caseload of transactional work. Main responsibilities include:
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Handling a varied caseload of Wills, lasting powers of attorney, the setting up and administration of trusts, Court of Protection and the administration of estates (both with and without a Will), and variation of Wills.
- Ensuring that all client work is progressed in a timely manner and that the client is kept informed throughout, delivering exceptional customer service.
- Complying with all file and case management quality standards in accordance with the Law Society requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Department with any other relevant duties as and when required and working together to promote the department as a whole.
- Building upon the firm's reputation to attract key clients and assist with the firm's marketing initiatives
- Networking with other professionals and contacts, both individually and as part of a team.
- Providing exceptional client care
- Diligent and accurate use of the firms Case Management System.
- The post holder may be required to perform any reasonable tasks commensurate with the role and level of responsibility at the request of the Directors.
The successful candidate should ideally be a qualified Solicitor, with a minimum 4 years PQE however, interested applicants with more or less experience, will be considered; Interested applicants should also have:
- Experience of working within a busy Wills and Probate department;
- The ability to handle a varied caseload with minimal supervision;
- A target driven approach;
- Exceptional client care skills;
- A highly organised approach and the ability to prioritise;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- A can do attitude;
- An ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently;
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written);
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays plus Christmas shut down period.
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days holiday
- Life assurance death in service benefit at 3x salary,
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- New employee referral incentives
- Hybrid working
- Company sick pay
- Professional development
- Other perks include: employee of the quarter awards, birthday wheel, free fruit, payday lunches, social events and volunteer time for staff.
We're a friendly independent law firm based in new offices on the edge of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. We're a thriving business of over 200 years, who like to get stuck in, work hard and, love what we do. Our values are outlined below so you can get an idea about our culture. OUR VALUES
- Drive: Have energy and enthusiasm to get the job done;
- Innovate: Look to develop and change for the better;
- Connect: Connect to customers and colleagues;
- Collaborate: Work together for our customers and community;
- Excel: Provide excellent customer service