Engineering Manager - Defence Aviation Systems -Attractive - Permanent - West Wales
An Engineering Manager
is required to join a market leading Innovative Defence and Aviation Systems Company. The Engineering Manager
will report to the Operations Manager and provide leadership and technical management of the engineering team in support of a Defence Systems Aircraft platform.
The Engineering Manager
will the nominated Form 4 post holder for the Approved Maintenance Organisation, engaging on all airworthiness matters. The Engineering Manager
will act as the Senior Part 145 Engineering representative (Form 4 holder). The Engineering Manager will assume all management responsibilities and appropriate authorisations.Engineering Manager - Key Responsibilities
Technical Skills and Experience for Engineering Manager
- Ensure that high levels engineering standards & practices are maintained.
- Be actively engaged in the Preventative and Corrective maintenance planning.
- Planning and coordinating of significant unscheduled maintenance and repair activity.
- Authorising, and monitoring, operating limitations, and deferred rectification of faults.
- Provide oversight and support the use of the Narrative Fault Reporting system.
- Ensure all faults are correctly and fully reported to the appropriate authority.
- Provide oversight and support the use of the Aircraft Documents
- Ensure the engineering support functions and facilities are appropriately managed
- Ensure hangar facilities, tool control, POL, calibration of tooling is managed.
- Investigate occurrences as directed and support safety management.
- Be responsible for supporting the Part 145 elements of the Aircraft System.
- Assist with interviewing and recruiting maintenance personnel.
- Conduct mentoring, coaching, training, and succession planning for maintenance team.
- Action of all associated Ground Operations Post Holder items.
- Action required from Flight Operations Management and Air Safety meetings.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered**
- Educated to HND level in an Aeronautical/Aviation Engineering related subject.
- Have a recognised air engineering military/civilian apprenticeship.
- Comprehensive knowledge of EASA Part 145.
- Knowledge of maintenance Aviation/Aircraft strict standards & practices.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of air system maintenance engineering.
- Experience of aircraft maintenance planning and documentation.
- Significant experience as an Aeronautical Engineer.
- Evidence of managing an Aircraft Maintenance or Military Maintenance Organisation.
- Demonstrable evidence of holding MAA Level authorisation.
- Held an Aeronautical Engineering Certificate of Competence.
- Have experience with Work Recording & Asset Management systems (GoldESP, etc...).
- Have demonstrable practical experience in the application of aviation safety standards.
- Knowledge of Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems procedures.
- Human Factor Initial Training/Continuation training.
- Ability to write, read and communicate to an understandable level in the English language
- Strong inter-personal and people management skills.
- Strong business and commercial acumen and able to build good working relationships.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Engineering Manager
then apply directly or contact Peter Heap
at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line or email suitable MS Word CV's to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.