Junior Finance AssistantPermanent Full-Time (9:00am-5:30pm - Monday to Friday) Salary dependent on experience Newbury
We have the pleasure of assisting our client with recruiting a Junior Finance Assistant to join their friendly team in Newbury. The client - a forward-thinking, innovative and friendly law firm - have grown substantially in recent years to reach a turnover of £12.5m and a headcount in excess of 175.Duties:
To summarise, duties include but will not be limited to daily banking, cheque printing, signing and handing out, cheque list reconciliation, completion statement/requisitions/filing/review.
Please see a more comprehensive list below:
- Remain compliant with the companies policies and procedures.
- Assist the Finance Manager and other colleagues in the efficient running of the Finance Team.
- Conveyancing daily processing.
- Processing credit card payments.
- Internet payments, BACS, CHAPS etc.
- Pending bank transactions.
- Posting slips processing.
- Communicate and deal with staff and staff matters in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Anticipated disbursements.
- CMS transfers, opening and closing.
- Cost transfers, credit notes and processing bills.
- Email responses - general queries.
- Expenses/petty cash processing and paying.
- Property searches posting and paying.
- Supplier payments, purchase ledger, BACS/cheques.
- Updating building society passbooks.
- Analysing and processing client invoices.
- Processing card payments.
- Daily banking and cheque distribution.
- Verifying and processing bank payments.
- Processing bank credits.
- Reconciliation of daily credit sheets.
- Ledger postings including Land Registry/property Searches.
- Dealing with incoming Finance post and emails.
- Assisting with purchase ledger transactions.
- General support to the Finance team.
- Opportunity to gain further experience in all functions performed by the Finance team.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience within a finance environment - however, Finance/Accountancy graduates will be considered.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office, especially Excel.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with staff, clients and professional contacts.
- Computer literate.
- Familiarity with Case Management Systems would be beneficial.
By applying for this role you give permission for Purely Recruitment to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Purely recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.